Israel - Gaza - Middle East
- Reality checks
- Matters of perspective
- Einstein's theory of Zionist relativity
- Jews Fast, Mourn on 17th Day of Tammuz
- In My Own Write: Seeing is believing, most of the time
Friday - July 31, 2009:
- A lesson for Tisha Be'av
- Diplomats: Hezbollah 'embarrassed' by arms cache blast
- Israel Operation Cast Lead was 'necessary and proportionate'
- Israel ranked one of world's least peaceful states
- Jewish Activists Move into Arab Jerusalem Neighborhood
- Nationalist Camp: Disobey Expulsion Orders
- 'Netanyahu freezes East Jerusalem construction'
- Netanyahu says Gaza crossings to be shut
- 'Normalization when construction stops'
- Rocket-battered Israeli border town enjoying calm
- Stone Vessel with 'Priestly Inscription' Uncovered In Jerusalem
- Traditional Recital of 'Lamentations' Next to Temple Mount
- US says can't expand UNIFIL authority in Lebanon
- Why I will visit the Temple Mount on Tisha B'Av
- 'World must be more decisive on Iran'
Thursday - July 30, 2009:
- 3 Outposts Demolished, Activists Vow to Rebuild
- 11 Outposts are Up – One Dedicated to Barack Obama
- IDF to give better warnings before attacks
- J'lem expects gestures from Arab world soon
- J'lem Rare 2nd Temple inscription found
- Knesset to vote on biometric database bill during recess
- 'Occupation will destroy Third Temple'
- PM meets US national security advisor
- Russia-Iran Naval Maneuvers Begin in Caspian Sea
- Temple Institute to Build Sacrificial Altar on Tisha B'av
- Tisha B'Av- Mourning Destruction, Awaiting Redemption
Wednesday - July 29, 2009:
- 'Abusive Soldiers' were PA Teens
- Al-Qaeda: 'We Hit Israel From Lebanon, Again'
- As Tisha B'Av Approaches, Knesset Focuses on the Temple Mount
- IDF Reveals Hamas Terror Academy Recruitment Video
- Israel angry at UNIFIL-Hizbullah contact
- Israel's army chief says no war in north
- Netanyahu meets special envoy Mitchell in Jerusalem
- Netanyahu: Palestinians will eventually topple Hamas
- Analysis: Israel-Palestinian calm could ease talks
- Report: Lebanese, IDF forces deploy along border
- Tension, Tank Movements and Jet Sorties on Northern Border
- UN calls on Israel to allow Gaza schools to rebuild
- US Entices Syria for Peace with Israel
Tuesday - July 28, 2009:
- 600,000 Jews in Yesha, Eastern Jerusalem May Stymie US Plans
- Anti-Obama Rally in Jerusalem
- Arab League chief rejects normalization without Israeli changes
- Ehud Barak warns Iran of possible Israeli strike on nuclear facilities
- Gates reassures Israel on U.S.-Iran strategy
- Nasrallah warns Israel of future war
- 'Hizbullah training Lebanese Armed Forces'
- IDF creates replica Hizbullah village, forest
- Israel sets up panel to respond to U.N. probe
- Knesset Votes on Land Ownership in the Land of Israel
- Lebanon: Explosion in south caused by IDF arms
- 'Lebanon explosion reflects Iran threat'
- Netanyahu, Barak Warn US on Iran
- Police Evacuate as ‘11’ Outpost Operation Gets Underway
- Proposal: Emblazon belief in Creator on money
- Reclaiming a Jewish Home in Jerusalem
- Settler rally: Obama racist; his regime will fall
Monday - July 27, 2009:
- 11 New Yesha Outposts ‘in Defiance of International Pressure’
- Clinton: U.S. committed to Israel’s security
- Egypt charges 26 'Hizbullah spies'
- Egypt refers Hezbollah case to emergency court
- Gates, Israeli leaders to meet on Iran
- Interesting Times The terror bubble
- Mitchell Syria-US talks near-term goal
- Navy holds successful test of missile defense system
- Navy Successfully Tests Barak Defensive Missile (Israel National News)
- Navy successfully tests Barak missile (Jerusalem Post)
- Netanyahu: Israel Wants 'Understanding' With U.S.
- Slowly But Surely, Hamas Implementing Islamic Law in Gaza
- U.S. tries to spur Middle East peace talks
Sunday - July 26, 2009:
- Gaza: 2 Hamas men killed in 'work accident'
- Nasrallah threatens to hit Tel Aviv
- Palestinian Affairs: The rocky road to Bethlehem
- Residents: Rightist tour of Arab town will spark violent clashes
Saturday - July 25, 2009:
- A 'crisis' manipulated *** (Commentary)
- Barkat We'll resist attempts to divide J'lem
- Evacuated settlers sue IDF commanders for deceitful practice
- 'Hamas may get claws into Gaza aid'
- Hamas turning to public relations in Gaza
- Haniyeh says won't impede deal for Palestinian state
- Hizbullah No more border demos
- IDF arrests al-Aqsa Brigades operative
- Israel Concerned Over Hamas Plans for Gaza Aid
- Military Establishment Fears Yesha Kids, Expulsions Postponed
- Parashat Devarim Some wounds must never heal
- Report details future Palestinian state
- Syria says rebuilding relations with US
- U.N. denies Hamas influences aid
Friday - July 24, 2009:
- Abbas urges Israel to demolish Security Fence in West Bank
- Analysis: Talk softly, and carry a large carrot!
- Arab educators: Forcing national anthem is like rape
- Civil Fights Listen to the Left
- Ex-Likud Minister: Migronites Face Two Expulsions
- 'Fatah has never recognized Israel'
- Hundreds planning Temple Mount ascent
- Irate Jaffa Christians get Jesus play canceled
- Israel government wins praise for steps to boost Arab sector businesses
- Likud Land reform will go through
- Netanyahu says seeks peace with Palestinians
- New unit arrests 400 foreigners in first 3 weeks of operation
- PM delays discussion on Temple Mount project
- Police okays rightist march in Bedouin town
- Report: Israel asked to resume Syria talks
- Video: Samaria Jews Vow to Fight Future Expulsions
Thursday - July 23, 2009:
- ‘Au Revoir’ to France and 'Shalom’ to Israel
- Arab MKs slam minister's 'racist worldview'
- Arab youths hurl stones on Road 65
- Arad snubs Erekat for meeting Mottaki
- Ban urges Israel to freeze east Jerusalem settlements
- Coalition crumbles on ILA reform vote
- Coalition humiliated in Knesset
- Egypt: Deporting prisoners unethical
- Gaza: Dozens hurt in Dahlan family wedding
- Half of former Gazans living in Nitzan under welfare care
- Hamas laying low in the West Bank
- Hezbollah: Lebanon blast set off by old shells
- Israel bans use of Palestinian term 'nakba' in textbooks
- Israel Responds to Hamas Attacks from Gaza
- Knesset committee to debate Golan bill
- Knesset renews legislative procedure for referendum
- Lebanon charges 17 suspected militants
- Major expulsion of immigrants planned
- Netanyahu aide says no to resumption of peace talks
- Netanyahu: Hamas, Hizbullah and Syria Are Directly Helping Iran
- Netanyahu warns ministers: Vote for land reforms or quit
- PM: Separation fence won't be dismantled
- PM Threatens to Fire Ministers who Vote Against Land Reform
Wednesday - July 22, 2009:
- Amar: US settlement policy contravenes Torah
- Amman revoking Palestinians' citizenship
- Arrow missile to simulate interception of Shahab 3
- Bibi signs off on plan to evacuate outposts
- Israel 'is destroying character of Occupied Jerusalem'
- S. Lebanon clash: UN envoy urges restraint
- World Bank grants PNA $40m to boost fiscal position
- 'Israel has indisputable right to build in East Jerusalem'
- Israel Says Hizbullah Re-Taking Southern Lebanon
- Israel to evacuate all outposts in a day: report
- Jerusalem Arab caught aiding city's takeover
- Jews in Iran Keeping a Low Profile
- Jordan Revoking Citizenship En Masse, Fearing Influx of PA Arabs
- Knesset Speaker: PA State, Nothing More than Autonomy
- Learning Tanach in Gush Etzion
- Lebanon arrests 10 for plotting attacks on UN troops
- Lebanon Nabs Syrian, Nine Others, in UNIFIL Attack Plot
- Meridor: US must honor settlement deal
- Residents of Destroyed Homes: 'We Will Rebuild
- Settlers: Haredi struggle proves only violence works
- Surprise Erdogan Visit to Damascus May Revive Israel-Syria Talks
- Trees felled, stones hurled in W. Bank
Tuesday - July 21, 2009:
- Arab Media: US May Allow Building in Return for Setting Borders
- Jews to Reclaim Land in Jordan?
- Knesset to Vote on Selling State Lands in Israel
- 'Ma'aleh Adumim, Gilo are no different'
- Outposts demolished, Palestinian fields torched
- PA bid: Each clerk to donate dollar for Jerusalem
- Qatar Sheikh Funds Hamas to Buy Jerusalem Buildings
- Report: Lebanese forces near Israeli border on alert
- Settlers allegedly set fire to Palestinian olive trees
- When contemplating aliyah is as simple as 'yes' or 'no
Monday - July 20, 2009:
- Cabinet approves Nakba, civil marriage bills
- Diskin: Hamas wants a Palestinian state
- Diskin: PA seeking to increase hold on east Jerusalem
- Dozens protest east Jerusalem eviction plans
- Egypt warns: Last chance for Hamas-Fatah talks
- Erekat meets with Iranian foreign minister for first time
- Fayad urges US to 'come up with a plan'
- Fayyad takes over PA's Jerusalem Affairs Ministry
- 'Israel must consider ties with US when weighing attack on Iran'
- Israel's Netanyahu Defends Planned Jewish Housing Development in East Jerusalem
- 'Limits on settlement freeze being set'
- Netanyahu rejects US calls to halt east J'lem project
- Opponents of Biometric Law: 'It's a Step to a True Police State'
- PA Drifting into Two States
- PA encouraged by 'pressure to halt east Jerusalem construction'
- Palestinians open fire at soldiers near Gaza border
- Reclaiming Jewish Property in Jerusalem
- U.S. demand for East Jerusalem building freeze 'surprised' Netanyahu
Sunday - July 19, 2009:
- Activists’ convoy permitted Gaza crossing
- Jerusalem: Haredi riots continue
- Lebanese civilians hurt 14 UNIFIL troops ***
- Ministers to review revised 'Nakba Law'
- Palestinian newspaper: No agreement between US, Israel on settlements
- Provocation in north: Lebanese cross border waving Hezbollah flags
Saturday - July 18, 2009:
- A-Zahar: Fatah planned hit on Hamas leaders
- Hamas calls Al Jazeera crackdown a bid to silence media in West Bank
- 'No threat' to Palestinian identity
- Hezbollah says Israel holding Lebanese prisoner
- Iran: Israel planned to assassinate Ahmadinejad
- Israeli warships rehearse for Iran attack in Red Sea
- Jerusalem adviser: Demolish illegal buildings near Old City
- Ketzaleh: Two Parties Must Unite and Grow to 15 Seats
- Lebanon army covering for Hezbollah, Israel claims
- Mass Protest Planned Against Jewish Nation's Land Sale
Friday - July 17, 2009:
- Fire rages near Jerusalem; arson suspected
- IDF Hizbullah hiding rockets in homes
- Israel to Hit Iran 'as Part of Deal including Yesha Evictions'
- J'lem Riots Continue, 10 Injured, Electric Repairs Cancelled
- Lebanon blast: Israel demands findings of UN probe
- 'Lieberman's ouster could dissolve his party'
- Report: Warships in Suez prepare for Iran attack
- Rocket lands in southern Israel
- Syria: No Golan, No Talks
- Syria: We want entire Golan
- Yesha Tensions: Fear of Destruction, Hit-and-Run Accusations
Thursday - July 16, 2009:
- 150 New Immigrants Arrive Straight from Sao Paulo
- Egyptian minister meets Iranian counterpart thrice in a week
- IMF: Palestinian economy showing signs of growth
- Iron Dome system successful in tests
- Israel Lebanon violating UN resolution 1701
- Israel says Lebanon blast a secret Hezbollah cache
- Israel to test Arrow system off US coast
- New Wave of Evictions: IDF Orders Chavat Gilad Building Freeze
- PA accuses al-Jazeera of incitement
- PA Acts Like Boss in Jerusalem
Wednesday - July 15, 2009:
- Court Orders Arab Squatters Off Jerusalem Property
- Explosion in Hezbollah arms cache stirs panic in south Lebanon
- 3 Israelis wounded in West Bank attack military
- Israel rejects call to recognise Palestine
- Israeli Warships Sail Through Suez Canal
- Kaddoumi: Mahmoud Abbas Helped Kill Arafat
- Lieberman: Abbas 'Not Really Legitimate'
- Police: Case against Lieberman solid
- Reforms in the Land Reform Bill
- 'Settlements aren't Obama's problem'
Tuesday - July 14, 2009:
- Fatah Official: 'Our Goal is Not Peace, but Rather Palestine'
- Iran's Rezai: We need unity against Israeli strike
- Israel ‘Destroyed’ Gaza Hospital that Never Existed
- PM: ‘Right of Return' Means Letting Arabs Destroy Israel
- Ayalon Too early to resume Syria talks
- Britain revokes arms licences for Israeli navy guns
- Court criticizes State over illegal outposts
- Court orders hearings on illegal outposts
- Foreign Ministry Slams EU Move for UN to Declare PA a Country
- Gov't Ordered to Hurry Yesha Outpost Demolitions
- Lieberman unruffled by Abbas comments
- Obama Reaches Out to Jews, Excludes Pro-Yesha Zionists
- 'PA 2010 elections likely to be delayed'
- Syria to EU: Israel obstacle to peace
Monday - July 13, 2009:
- Abbas: No peace talks before settlement freeze
- Abbas says he won't meet Netanyahu
- Abbas: We won't waive right of return
- Ayalon Israel unaware of US deadline
- Chief Rabbi: Land Reform Violates Jewish Law
- Egyptian official: No chances for Hamas, Fatah reconciliation
- EU: 'Accept PA State as Full Member of UN'
- Gideon Levy: Livni must wake up if she wants to end the occupation
- Israel in Lebanon's Crosshairs?
- Israel rejects Solana's call for deadline on Palestinian state
- Kuntar: Hezbollah will intervene if Iran attacked
- Netanyahu urges Abbas to meet him in Beersheba
- Palestinians reject any Israel-US settlement deal
- PM: Palestinian recognition of Jewish state 'key to peace'
- PM to Palestinians: Abandon right of return
- Police: More Yesha Expulsions On the Way
- 'Political appointment to Cairo wrong'
- Poll: Right Up to 71 MKs, 57% Like Netanyahu
- Syria FM: Pullout from Golan for peace
Sunday - July 12, 2009:
- Another Tack: In the footsteps of Sam Lewis's suck-ups (Commentary)
- France: Problem in Israeli gov't delaying settlement freeze
- Iran prepares package to offer West
- Lebanese Army finds 2 rockets in south
- Security and Defense Northern exposure
Saturday - July 11, 2009:
- No Golan pullout for peace, Israel says
- 'Hamas leaders don't know about Shalit's condition'
- IDF training civilian response teams
- Illegal Arab Building in Israel's South
- Israel Eases Restrictions to Boost Palestinian Economy
- Israel may allow PA counter-terror force
- Israel orders 1st stealth F-35 squadron
- Israel orders U.S. stealth planes to counter Iran, Syria threat
- Mubarak: Israel canceled Shalit deal at last minute
- Netanyahu uses historically charged term in talk with German FM
- Politics: Netanyahu's first 100 days
- Report: IDF and Iran already Engaged in 'Cyber War'
Friday - July 10, 2009:
- EU retracts statement critical of settlements
- Hamas TV Continues to Glorify Jew-Murderers
- Jordan-West Bank crossing to be open 24 hours
- Limit visits to Hamas inmates
- PA Charges Red-Dead Canal is ‘Land Grab’ for Israel
- Police Ignore Empty Arab Graves Outside Temple Mount Walls
- PA threatens to scupper Dead Sea canal project
- Ramon: Netanyahu doesn't believe in 2-state vision
Thursday - July 9, 2009:
- ‘Drought tax’ passes
- Allenby Bridge to operate 24 hours a day to boost PA economy
- Emerging settlement deal will let both US, Israel claim victory
- Fatah Forces Jews out of Jerusalem Home; Arabs Destroy It
- Fayyad urges UN to press Israel on fence
- Hamas: Mubarak knows zero on Schalit
- PA Blocks Hamas Incitement, Continues its Own
- Tamar gas reserve bigger than expected
Wednesday - July 8, 2009:
- ANALYSIS: Why Israel won't evacuate West Bank outposts
- Assad: No real Israeli partner for peace
- Drop in terror attacks continues, 38 in June from 580 in January
- Flight of 230 North American Immigrants Arrives in Israel
- Minister: Barak-Mitchell talks 'huge flop'
- Minister Edelstein: Barak making rookie mistakes
- New Lebanon government awaits Saudi-Syria understanding
- Obama: No US green light for attacking Iran
- Peres: Mubarak doesn't want to leave behind confusion
- Poll: Majority of Israelis in favor of 'natural growth'
- Report: Netanyahu fears US won't okay Iran strike
- Syrian FM in response to Peres: Golan Heights belongs to us
- Troops sleep while Palestinians infiltrate Israel
- Wary of naked force, Israel eyes cyberwar on Iran
Tuesday - July 7, 2009:
- 1,000 Kalashnikovs approved for PA
- 'Assad won't get Golan on a platter'
- Benny Begin: US Should Honor its Commitments
- Gaza woman convicted of plotting suicide attacks in Israel
- Govt.: Jews Out of Migron in One Year
- Haniyeh: Fatah spying in Gaza for Israel
- IDF’s ‘Tiger’ is the New Terror of the Terrorists
- Livni: Gov't has failed in its first 100 days
- Peres to Assad: Choose Between Golan and Iran
- Saudi denies would let Israeli jets pass for Iran attack
- 'We'll evacuate 23 outposts very soon'
Monday - July 6, 2009:
- Clashes in Jordan over Israeli imports
- Cleared for publication: Would-be terrorist nabbed
- Fayad: Jews welcome in our future state
- Guest Columnist: The secret of failure
- Israel's Peres heading to Egypt to talk peace
- IAF to train overseas in coming months in face of Iranian threat
- Israel won't base submarines in Red Sea, official says
- Jordan trade unionists arrested in anti-Israel rally
- Ministers: Settlement freeze akin to Chinese birthrate restrictions
- Netanyahu utters '2 states' for 1st time
- Netanyahu: We have consensus on two-state solution
- Palestinians: Normalization with Arab world not at our expense
- PM: Lebanon responsible for Hizbullah
- Police Nab Terrorist, Foil Kidnap Plot
- Report: Gaza Religious Police Now Official
- Report: Saudis to overlook Israeli jets headed to Iran
- Responses to Netanyahu’s About-Face Range from Quiet to Strident
Sunday - July 5, 2009:
- Gaza residents report severe shortage of basic goods
- Palestinian police arrest West Bank 'plotters'
Saturday - July 4, 2009:
- ANALYSIS: Netanyahu acted wisely to preserve coalition
- Assad invites Obama to Damascus peace summit
- Attias: Some Populations Shouldn't Live Together
- Barak, Mitchell to meet again Monday
- Diplomatic Matters: Dermer: We never 'hoodwinked' US on settlements
- Israel hopes Congress will lift F-22 ban
- Israel sends sub through Suez Canal
- Israel worries over intense 'legal war'
- Israeli sub sails Suez, signaling reach to Iran
- Lieberman: We Are Always Loved When We Make Concessions
- Netanyahu's popularity on the rise
- Plan: Ease of restrictions in return for Shalit
- 'PM must endorse road map plan'
- U.S. sounds out Arabs on Israel gestures: diplomats
Friday - July 3, 2009:
- 'Fatah detainees told to bring own food'
- Gaza evacuees move into tents
- Gaza: Hamas imposes 'Koran levy'
- Jordan's king names eldest son crown prince
- 'IDF will struggle to destroy tunnels'
- IDF, gunmen clash in Gaza; Palestinian teen killed
- Israel postpones ‘drought tax’
- Minister Atias: Stop Arab takeover in north
- Rabbi and Students Brutally Attacked in Moldova
- 'Settlement obsession disproportionate'
- "Temporary Building Freeze” Tactic to Resume Talks with PA
- Wexler: Israel will freeze settlements
Thursday - July 2, 2009:
- A blow to the chances for peace
- Abbas says Hamas preparing to hit Palestinian leadership
- Ayalon: PA Must Tell Arabs that Israel is a Jewish State
- Barak, Mitchell remain disputed on settlements
- Egypt wants S-400 to counter Iran
- Fires plague north; arson suspected
- Hevron Resident Hurt in Day of Arab Attacks in Judea and Samaria
- Likud MK: Boycott July 4 Festivities
- MKs to Yesha: Help Resist Obama
- 'Not a single Jewish home without Obama's OK'
- Peres to Saudi king: We can realize your vision
Wednesday - July 1, 2009:
- Activists to Migron Residents: Don’t Fall into the Trap
- Barak tells Mitchell Israel ready to help peace efforts
- Defending Zionist Farmers: The 'Jewish Guards' Rise Again
- Israeli Navy takes control of aid boat headed for Gaza
- Schneller: Settlement freeze demand 'extortion'
- To Israelis, It's a Suburb, Not a Settlement; To Palestinian Villagers, It Means a Barrier on Their Land
Fair Use Notice