Israel - Gaza - Middle East
- Travel: Gamla, the Masada of the North
Monday - August 31, 2009:
- At least 2 mortars fired towards Sderot
- Three loud explosions heard after midnight in western Gaza City
- IAF Adding Firepower to Helicopter Fleet
- IDF bombs tunnel in northern Gaza
- Israeli planes hit suspected Gaza tunnel building
- 'Palestinian refusal to recognize Israel is destroying peace bids'
- Rabbis Meeting to Consider a Ban on Selling Houses to Arabs
Sunday - August 30, 2009:
- Der Spiegel: Hamas Has 3 Days to Decide on Deal for Shalit
- Palestinian paper says Shalit deal finalized
- Hamas warns of 'excessive optimism'
- Ketzaleh: Shalit-Deal Reports Show Netanyahu Endangers Israel
- Qassam rocket fired at Israel
- IAF jets strike Gaza Strip tunnel
Saturday - August 29, 2009:
- 5 detained during Ramadan prayers at Temple Mount
- Egypt: Israeli freeze must include east Jerusalem
- Hezbollah rebuilding its force in south
- Sectarian tensions mount ahead of indictments by Hariri tribunal
- PA Majority Rejects Fayyad's Plan
- Report: Mashaal to OK Shalit deal next week
- US: Settlements no precondition on Mideast talks
Friday - August 28, 2009:
- 70% of Likud Against Netanyahu Policies
- Druse diplomat supports FM criteria on service
- Israel ready for 9-month freeze on outpost expansion - paper
- Major increase in number of Arab volunteers for national service
- PA Sheikh Denies Existence of Holy Temple
- PA wants piece of Shalit deal
- Palestinians: Israeli navy fire kills fisherman
- Palestinians uproot Hebrew road signs in West Bank
- Petition: Raze 15 structures in Kiryat Netafim settlement
- Police sappers neutralize car bomb in Haifa
- Report: 150 housing units for Jews progressed in east J'lem in past year
- Trade revives as Palestinian cities reconnect
Thursday - August 27, 2009:
- Hariri: Hizbullah will join next gov't
- Israel ‘Super Gas’ Field is World’s Largest in 18 Months
- MK Eldad: Iran-for-Yesha Deal is Just Bibi's Spin
- Netanyahu: Abbas made a first positive move
- Netanyahu hopes to resume Palestinian talks
- Palestinians: Abbas open to meeting with Netanyahu
- Poll: Majority against Yesha Building Freeze
- Report: Shalit deal to be declared by High Holy Days
Wednesday - August 26, 2009:
- 'Barak promised to remove outposts'
- Fayad: De facto state within 2 years
- Palestinians to form de-facto state
- PM Fayyad unveils plan for Palestinian state in 2 years
- Israel Makes Waves by Simulating an Earthquake
- Israel Security: Illegal Migrant Workers a 'Platform for Terror'
- Lebanese villagers repel Hizbullah men
- Meridor: Israel backs united Jerusalem
- Meridor: We won't return to the line of 1967
- MKs, leftists tour West Bank outposts
- Netanyahu in UK: Settlement construction not a land grab
- Netanyahu to UK: Jerusalem is Sovereign Capital of Israel
- PA Police Active in Northern Jerusalem
- PA to Seek Int’l Court Ruling on ‘Occupation’
- Palestinians say 3 killed in IAF strike on Gaza tunnels
- PM: We've been building in Jerusalem for 3,000 years
Tuesday - August 25, 2009:
- Aftonbladet editor admits No evidence
- Aftonbladet editor slams Lieberman's 'vulgar propaganda'
- Egyptian editorial: Sweden victim to Israeli blackmail
- Lieberman Adds Norway to ‘Black List;' Swedes Strike Again
- Swedish editor: I'm not a Nazi
- Arab League Furious over Jewish Prayer on Temple Mount
- Fayyad rolls up sleeves to build Palestinian state
- First in 2 weeks: Fire from Gaza into Israel
- Gaza school girls forced to wear head cover
- Group says Left 'distorting' east Jerusalem construction plan
- Hamas Woos Gaza Kids from UN Camps to Join 'Fun with Terror'
- IDF moves one step closer to getting Iron Dome
- 'Israel won't give up J'lem sovereignty'
- Netanyahu won't accept limitations on Jerusalem
- New Guard protects Galilee farms from pilferers
- Palestinian women complain of IPS security checks
- Peres: Hizbullah has 80,000 weapons
- PM heads to Europe with backing for settlement freeze
- Prison service cancels Hamas visitations for Shalit protest
- Will PM Get Chilly Reception Regarding Construction Freeze?
Monday - August 24, 2009:
- Hamas claims Abbas foiled Schalit deal
- Lecturer qualifies his call for ban on Israel
- Lieberman Won't Resign Even if Settlement is Frozen
- Mt. of Olives: Jewish Neighborhood to Replace Police Station
- Palestinians: No to 'natural growth'
- Peace Now Settlement construction down 15%
- Plan for new Jewish homes in e. J'lem
- PM Notable steps in US settlement talks
- PM: Talks with Palestinians to resume by end of September
- Temple Mount Show: Will there be war before the redemption
- Video: 'There's no free press in Sweden'
- Minister Landau: Ya'alon was right – look at the Swedes
- Sweden Funded Anti-Israel Allegations
- Swedish daily publishes second article on 'IDF organ harvesting'
- Swedish reporter banned entry to Gaza
Sunday - August 23, 2009:
- Ask the Rabbi: Land for peace
- Hamas: Abbas tried to foil Schalit deal
- Peres: Nasrallah speeches amusing
Saturday - August 22, 2009:
- Diplomacy Standing with the settlements
- Germany- Settlements major impediment to peace
- Hospital presents doomsday scenario
- Israel, Palestinians trade blame for peace deadlock
- Parshat Shoftim: The guilty conscience of the world
- PA leaks 'details' of Obama peace plan
- Ramadan Gestures to PA: Soldiers Won't Eat, Smoke in Public
- Report: Mubarak opposes US defense umbrella
- 'State lands being commandeered by Arabs'
Friday - August 21, 2009:
- 'FM says settlement construction frozen'
- Government to Fight Libel in Foreign Media
- Hamas Trains New Generation of Teenage Terrorists
- Raytheon: Anti-Missile System Can Defend Israel from Iran
- Report: Hamas Earns Enmity of Intl. Terror Ring
Thursday - August 20, 2009:
- IDF Evacuates Caravan in Major Settlement Bloc
- IDF Worried 33% of Soldiers Will Refuse Expulsion Orders
- Mubarak's plan: 2-year peace process
- Obama in Middle East Rut
- Planeload of Jews Land and Declare Israel Their New Home
- Six Arab families from East Jerusalem appeal eviction
- ZOA: ‘US Jews Realizing Their Mistake on Obama’
Wednesday - August 19, 2009:
- Attias: Construction Not Frozen, Merely Waiting
- Extreme right slams housing minister as 'leftist with a kippah'
- New Arab Plan: Money Instead of 'Right of Return'
- Obama sees progress on Israeli settlements issue
- Peres Iran nuke 'flying death camp'
- Prime Minister's Office Denies Reports of Building Freeze Agmt
- Report: Obama, Mubarak to discuss compensation for refugees
- Settlers say 'old Bibi' is back
- 'Unity, not two-state solution, is the answer'
Tuesday - August 18, 2009:
- Abbas Dialogue with Hamas inevitable
- Abbas slams 'atrocious' repression by Hamas
- Another Tack Tall tales from the has-been bunch
- Barak aides: Illegal outposts will be removed
- Cabinet Ministers Yishai, Yaalon: Outposts Not Illegal
- Hamas Diverts Cement for Cemetery to Build Smuggling Tunnels
- Hershkowitz: Foreign Pressure Over Outposts 'Unacceptable'
- Mashaal Hamas can speak with Obama
- Ministers urge PM to legalize outposts
- Mubarak: Halt to settlements before gestures
- Mubarak: Peace Now, Israel Later
- Mubarak to US Jews: Attack on Iran risky
- Mubarak: W. Bank ban only hurdle to clear in Schalit talks
- Number of gun applications doubles
- Powerful Gaza Clan Joins Infighting
- Settlers building more caravans to stave off U.S. push for freeze
- IDF Troops wound Egyptian border guard
- Yishai says outposts not illegal
Monday - August 17, 2009:
- Al-Qaeda affiliated group declares war on Hamas
- Analysts Say Battle With Splinter Group Suggests Hamas Faces Growing Challenges
- Arab media on Gaza clashes: Radicalism breeds radicalism
- Budget cuts: 200 immigrant scientists to lose their jobs
- Fatah Reveals New Revolutionary Council
- Grassroots Mattot Arim: Block Terror Highway
- 'Hamas proved link between al-Qaeda loyalists, Dahlan'
- Mashaal: Iran turmoil won't affect support
- Negev: Secular Kibbutz Replaced by Religious-Zionist Town
- Oren: Israel ‘Far from Contemplating’ Strike on Iran
- 'PA Only' visa enrages visitors
- PM to gauge Europe's attitude on Iran
- Survey: Israelis Support Arab Emigration, Fewer Rights
- US Students Farm Land in Defiance of Obama's Israel Policy
Sunday - August 16, 2009:
- Arabs protest razing of homes
- Explaining the Israeli position; Ask the Expert (Video)
- 'Gulf tycoons bought land in Galilee'
- Hamas: Leader of al-Qaeda-inspired group committed suicide
- 'Israeli Fatah member wins seat on Revolutionary Council'
- 'Jund Ansar Allah leader killed himself'
- Legal Affairs And the fight goes on
- Nasrallah: We can hit any Israeli city
- Report: Gulf Arabs buying up private land in Galilee
Saturday - August 15, 2009:
- 13 killed, scores wounded as Hamas battles extremist group
- All Fatah's Gaza leaders quit over vote
- Hamas says US, Israel offer 'poisoned peace'
- Hamas, Qaeda followers clash in Gaza
- HRW, Israel in war of words
- 'If Israel attacks, we'll hit Tel Aviv'
- J'lem not counting on Gulf states' gestures
- Syria insists on Turkish mediation in peace talks
Friday - August 14, 2009:
- Abbas We won't agree to temporary state
- Analysis: The end of the Cedar Revolution?
- 'Barak ups W. Bank building inspectors'
- Fatah leaders seek 'voting fraud' probe
- Fatah Woes Continue as Elections Lead to Infighting
- Fatah’s Al-Aksa Brigades Responsible for Terror Attack
- Fayyad may be replaced as prime minister
- 'Hamas ready for Obama's ME peace plan'
- Official: Israel can delay Iran's nukes
- Petition: Stop construction in Kochav Yakov
- PM rejects request to free terrorist
- Qureia hints Fatah elections unclean
- Washington Watch: Will Netanyahu follow his own advice
Thursday - August 13, 2009:
- Another Amona Shaping Up in Bnei Adam
- Ayalon: Any talks with Syria should be direct
- Despite Obama's Stance, 70% of Americans See Israel as Ally
- Fatah official: We won't dance to Lieberman's tune
- Gas Field Near Haifa Exceeds Expectations -- Again!
- Change of guard for Fatah
- Hamas: Israel will cave in on Schalit
- Illegal outpost residents won't deal with IDF
- Israel shuts door on Turkish-mediated Syria talks
- Israel: We 'won't make Jordan Palestine'
- Jerusalem, US debate: Is Ariel a settlement bloc
- Of 2,148 swine flu patients in Israel, half are under age 30
- Opposition divided over Barghouti
- PA Agency: Jewish State Threatens All of Humanity
- Peace Now: Halt illegal construction north of Jerusalem
- Temple Mount Show: Who Is the Jewish Messiah? Part 2
Wednesday - August 12, 2009:
- Attacks Continue: Mortar Hits Western Negev
- Dozens of rabbis fly over Israel praying to defeat swine flu
- Fatah boosts Abbas as old guard voted out
- Fatah elects new leaders in historic vote
- Fatah: New leaders declare 'revolution'
- Fatah vote gives boost to Abbas
- Growing support for Barghouti's release
- Hamas We've got UNRWA's ambulances
- Hezbollah: Chances for Israeli strike slim
- Israelis warned not to go to Sinai
- Jews Tired of Waiting, Plan to Move into Jerusalem Property
- NSC Avoid traveling to Jordan, Egypt
- PM: No winds of war in north
- President: Lebanon needs gov't fast to face Israeli threats
- Sunni Muslims from Iraq join Gaza terror
- Tamar natural gas estimates up 16%
- Temple Mount Show: Who Is the Jewish Messiah? Part 1
- Terrorist Marwan Barghouti Elected to Fatah Central Committee
- Village for Arabs with special needs to be built in Galilee
- Yesha Council: Outpost evacuation is 'collective punishment' (Commentary)
Tuesday - August 11, 2009:
- Barak brings Torah to synagogue in Muslim Quarter
- Barak Participated at Torah Dedication in Muslim Quarter
- Bibi: Gaza Attacks Will be Answered
- Defying warning, Gazans launch mortars
- Fatah Jerusalem must be made void of settlers
- Fatah Vote Extended, 'Old Guard' Faces Challenge
- Fatah: We'll sacrifice victims until Jerusalem is ours
- Fatah's Jewish candidate: Join struggle against Israel
- FM: Fatah 'burying' any chance of peace
- Hamas, Fatah to attempt to solve problems before talks
- Hezbollah plotting to target Israelis
- IAF strikes Gaza tunnel
- Israel beefs up weapons stash
- MKs: PM must name settlement adviser
- Mortar shell fired at workers near Kissufim
- PM warns: Lebanon to be held responsible for attacks from within
- Report states Israeli pullout in 30 month timeframe
- Results delayed in key Fatah election
- Rivlin No peace without E-1 building
- Settlers smash windows of Palestinian houses in Hebron
- The Region: The benefits of anti-Americanism (commentary)
- Yishai: If need be, we'll build without US approval
Monday - August 10, 2009:
- 2 mortar shells fired at Erez crossing
- Fatah member released from jail, running for office
- Fatah moves 'to remove, defeat occupation'
- Fatah: PA Will Take All of Jerusalem – by Peace or by Force ***
- 'Ghajar postponed because of Hizbullah'
- Gov't extends Sela activities by a year
- Palestinian Fatah says resistance is 'legitimate right'
- Hamas Tests Rockets to Hit Tel Aviv
- How to effectively sanction Hamas
- IDF Desecrated Sabbath by Evacuating Homesh
- Israel Issues Dire Warning to Lebanon after Cairo Plot Revealed
- Netanyahu: Gush Katif One Expulsion Too Many
- Netanyahu vows not to repeat 'mistake' of Gaza pullout
- Poll: 66% support continuation of Jerusalem building
- Report: Israeli internet server found in Lebanon
- Understanding Fatah: What the Bethlehem Convention Teaches Us
Sunday - August 9, 2009:
- Abbas re-elected Fatah leader
- Critical Currents What next
- Fatah Faces Multiple Fractures
- Fatah: Return J'lem before talks go on
- Hamas arrests Fatah officials in Gaza
- Hezbollah says planned ILA reform 'perpetuates Nakba'
- Lieberman summons diplomat who criticized gov't
- 'Reports of new peace plan premature'
Saturday - August 8, 2009:
- 'No talks unless Israel frees prisoners'
- Poll More Israelis would prefer Livni as prime minister
- Security and Defense Veiled anxiety
Friday - August 7, 2009:
- Bibi's Ministers No Chance for Peace with PA
- Elon: Clinton's Criticism is Chutzpah
- Fatah and Hamas: fraternal twins against Israel
- Fatah: Israel behind Arafat's death
- HRW: Hamas rocket attacks 'war crime'
- Is Israel emerging from the economic crisis?
- Israel resents Fatah Arafat accusation
- Jews to Pay for Their Own Expulsion?
- Lebanon Ignores UN as Barak Issues Warning
- Ministers enraged over Fatah declaration on Arafat
- 'New Hizbullah arms may alter balance'
- 'Palestinian rift worse than Israel'
- Second Nahal Haredi battalion being considered after best draft yet
- Stormy Fatah Conference Extended
- Trophy tank defense system operational
- UN denies claims Hamas captured ambulances
Thursday - August 6, 2009:
- Bethlehem residents have no water because of congress
- 'Current stability in North could be shattered'
- Saudis to Palestinians No state without unity
- US push coming under strain
- Jordan backs US effort on Arab concessions
- Lieberman: Ghajar belongs to Israel
- 'Palestinian internal rifts threaten future state more than Israel'
- Report: Hezbollah can strike Tel Aviv
- Saudi king urges Palestinians to close ranks
Wednesday - August 5, 2009:
- 238 olim from US land in Israel
- Netanyahu, Sharansky Put Out Welcome Mat for Olim
- 'Israel soon to be larger than Diaspora'
- Abbas at Fatah congress: Jerusalem promised to us
- Al-Qaeda's Three-Stage Plan to Wipe Out Israel
- Arab MKs Attend Fatah Convention
- Barak: Israel must back US peace plan
- US: Mideast plan anticipated 'in matter of weeks'
- Barak: PA will be examined after Fatah congress
- Dichter warns of 3rd intifada
- Fatah Convention Opens With Hamas-Like Platform
- Fatah Leaders Want to Ally with Iran
- Fatah convention in West Bank attracts hundreds of exiles
- Hamas blocks 50 from leaving Gaza
- Hezbollah stockpiles 40,000 rockets near Israel border
- IDF: Assad would shun Iran for peace
- 'Israel not meddling in Fatah parley'
- Jewish Start-Ups Under Threat of Destruction
- Labor Ministry planning emergency job call-up for swine flu
- Likud MK: Fatah Declared War on Israel; Barak: Ignore Rhetoric
- Peres: No peace means nuclear Mideast
- Tibi Israeli Arabs are Palestinians
- What next for Israel's lands?
Tuesday - August 4, 2009:
- A Jewish obligation to live in Jerusalem
- Drama in Lebanon: Jumblatt quits anti-Syrian camp
- Fatah leader warns of party split
- Health Ministry: About 700 will die from swine flu
- Knesset green-lights land reform
- Knesset Speaker: Establishment of Israel caused Arabs real trauma
- Lieberman affair: Human error sank Israel's most careful politician
- Media misleading on Jews evicting Arabs from Jerusalem
- Netanyahu plans meeting with Mitchell
- Opposition Slams Land Bill, Jewish Home Torn
- Poll: Russian Immigrants Tougher on Arabs, Stronger on Yesha
- Rivlin: Arabs integral part of Israel
- Zawahri: Israel must be wiped off map
Monday - August 3, 2009:
- 2 Arab families evicted in east J'lem
- Arabs claim land reform is racist
- Controversial plans funded by US Jews
- Fatah to Back Violence, Reject Israel as Jewish State
- Fayyad Proclaims Jerusalem Capital of 'Palestine'
- Hebron's Zion Route opened to Palestinians
- Jews Detained for Kneeling on Temple Mount
- Katz: Fatah 'plan' is declaration of war
- Minister Katz: Fatah's draft platform a declaration of war
- Police recommend Charge FM with bribery, fraud, obstructing justice
- Police recommend indicting Lieberman
- Prince Saud: Move to final-status talks
Sunday - August 2, 2009:
- Assad: Golan issue non-negotiable
- Assad Golan will return to Arab hands
- 'Fatah conference to harden party line'
- Fatah delegates sneak out of Gaza in Islamic disguise
- Peace roadmap will test Fatah staying power
- Hamas arrests 21 Fatah men en route to West Bank summit
- Hamas threatens Fatah ahead of party congress
- Hamas threatens to boycott Cairo talks
- Lebanese man gets life sentence for Israel spying
- Report: Fatah to propose updated platform
- Saudi FM No gestures toward Israel
- Security and Defense Ticking.... and talking
- Settler youths build new outpost in West Bank
Saturday - August 1, 2009:
- Fatah activists sneak out of Hamas-ruled Gaza
- Hamas threatens to boycott Cairo talks
- Holy Temple Festival in Samaria
- Israel wants nuclear power plant
- Jewish, Not Arab, Roots in Judea and Samaria
- Mashaal: Hamas to commit to immediate ceasefire
- PM says won’t compromise on land reform
- Temple Altar Construction Begins on Day of Destruction
- 'Troops presence at Kotel is sacrilege'
Fair Use Notice